Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Late Programming Note: A Mary Pickford And Douglas Fairbanks Double Feature On TCM Tonight

Straight from the Turner Classic Movies website:

8:00 PM Ramona (1910) In this silent short, a rancher's daughter runs off with a Native. Cast: Mary Pickford, Henry B. Walthall, Francis J. Grandon. Dir: D.W. Griffith. C-17 mins,

8:30 PM Mark of Zorro, The (1920) In this silent film, a Mexican Robin Hood harasses corrupt Spanish invaders. Cast: Douglas Fairbanks, Marguerite de la Motte, Noah Beery. Dir: Fred Niblo. BW-107 mins, TV-G

I confess I know nothing about Ramona other than to say it is very early Mary Pickford and only 17 minutes long. The Mark Of Zorro is classic Douglas Fairbanks.

I think this is part of TCM's on-going series "Race and Hollywood." This month the network is highlighting Latino Images In Film.

4 comments:

Douglas Fairbanks said...

I didn't notice earlier that
you had brought this to the peoples' attentions.

Thanks.

I am excellent in MOZ


and there are so many interesting camera shots [reflected Z in the sword? Spinning door] that you young folks should be able to find something to hold your pathetic attentions

Mister Parker said...

Glad you liked it. I myself recorded it -- the dog and I are going to watch it over lunch.

And, no, that's not a euphemism for anything.

L. F. Chaney said...

I'm amazed that you can stomach his so-called "acting" and while you're eating, no less.

L. F. Chaney said...

If the dog gets sick, you know why.