Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One Year

It's March 23, 2010, and we here at the Monkey are celebrating the first anniversary of being able to say "We here at the Monkey." I don't know if you're getting anything out of all this blogging business, but I sure am: a chance to re-watch old favorites like Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin, discover new favorites like Anita Page, Douglas Fairbanks and René Clair, and hear from movie fans, both the living and the dead, from all over the world.

Katie-Bar-The-Door and I are keeping the celebration pretty low key, just the usual collection of jugglers, bikini dancers and session musicians in gorilla suits. We might even squeeze in time for a movie or two.

If you're in the neighborhood, stop on by. We'd love to see you!

ELVIS COSTELLO

13 comments:

KC said...

Happy anniversary Mr. Monkey. Have a banana-tini for me!

Mythical Monkey said...

Have a banana-tini for me!

In your honor, KC! Thanks for all the support -- the mentions on your blog have been much appreciated.

Big Joe said...

There's no booze, there's no broads -- there's no action!!!!






Loot? What's to loot?

Oddball said...

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

Big Joe said...

Cripes









word recognition: copubig

Maggie said...

Congrats!

It is a wonderful blog.

No clowns, I hope. (((shiver))))

Mythical Monkey said...

Thanks, Thingy. You're the tops, you're the Mona Lisa.

No clowns, I hope. (((shiver))))

I did review a movie with clowns in it once, Lon Chaney's Laugh, Clown, Laugh. He was a crying-on-the-outside, crazy-on-the-inside kind of clown. Classic stuff.

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

Hey hey hey! Happy Anniversary -- & may you & all of us Monkey fans have many more!

Mythical Monkey said...

Thanks, Who!

I'm hoping the next year will see me move a little faster on these essays -- if I move any slower, I'll be going backwards. But it sure is fun.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Mythical Monkey!!!
Keep up the giant million word essays we enjoy so much! (not being sarcastic btw) lol :)

Mythical Monkey said...

Thanks Zoe! I promise to keep the next essay to half-a-million words, tops!

mister muleboy said...

Slacker. . . .

Lupner said...

Congrats, congrats!!