Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Manly Cheesecake #3

Olympic gold medal winner Johnny Weissmuller, star of a dozen Tarzan movies, including 1934's Tarzan and His Mate which featured Maureen O'Sullivan's infamous nude swimming scene. (O'Sullivan was actually doubled by Olympic swimmer Josephine McKim.)

"How can a guy climb trees, say 'Me, Tarzan, you, Jane,' and make a million?" Weissmuller later said. "The public forgives my acting because they know I was an athlete. They know I wasn't make-believe."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Weissmuller.

Erik Beck said...

I feel the need to point out that my uncle once broke his hand punching Weismuller's son in the back.

Ginger Ingenue said...

Manly Cheesecake...

What a brilliant series!! :)

I want to kiss Weissmuller on the shoulders...

And then maybe give him a bath. ;)