Friday, December 24, 2010

Seasons Greetings ...

... from Katie-Bar-The-Door and the Mythical Monkey.

Postscript: For those of you who've been around awhile, you may recognize this is a re-gift of last year's Christmas Eve post. How Scrooge-ly of me. And where are the substantive posts you've come to expect from the Monkey? Well, I'm working on it. "1906-1914: The Birth Of The Feature Film." A surprising number of movies from that era are readily available and while watching them, I formed a hypothesis about D.W. Griffith and now I am testing it against the evidence. My friends who have seen me prepare for a court case know I am prone to disappear down this type of rabbit hole from time to time. Nothing to do but wait for me to climb back out of it again.

8 comments:

mister muleboy said...

Nothing to do but wait for me to climb back out of it again.


Boy, ain't that the truth!


Happy Christmas, ya Big Monkey Lug ya! And K-T-B-t-D, a happy, happy holiday!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

KC said...

I really love that banner. It's like we're moon buddies now! Happy Holidays to you and Ms. Katie!

Mythical Monkey said...

I really love that banner. It's like we're moon buddies now!

I've been having a lot of fun with the blog banners -- I'm trying to do a different one for each film year I cover on my blog. And I saw yours and thought "that's perfect for the Nickelodeon years." That moon must be the most famous image in movies before, at the very least, Charlie Chaplin.

Mn Twins Tickets said...

Substantially, the article is really the sweetest on this deserving topic. I agree with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your incoming updates. Saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the phenomenal clarity in your writing. I will at once grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Admirable work and much success in your business dealings!

Maggie said...

Okay, okay, I like it.

Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit late but I hope you both had a brilliant Christmas!! :D

Mythical Monkey said...

I hope you both had a brilliant Christmas!!

We did, thanks, Zoe! It was a quiet one for a change, the first one since we've been married we weren't on the road. I wouldn't want to do that every year, but once every twenty is nice.

And here's hoping you had a wonderful Christmas as well.