Thursday, February 3, 2011

Today's Oscar Trivia #3

Stolen from TCM's Now Playing magazine:

Four In One Thirteen times a single film has been nominated in all four acting categories. For which 1951 drama were the honors shared by Vivien Leigh, Marlon Brando, Kim Hunter and Karl Malden?

1929-1930 On November 5, 1930, the Academy held the third Oscar ceremony, covering the years 1929 and 1930, with sound films dominating for the first time. Which 1929 Best Picture nominee was a musical starring Maurice Chevalier and Jeanette MacDonald?

4 comments:

David Blakeslee said...

A Streetcar Named Desire and The Love Parade.

I just blogged about The Love Parade last month!

http://bit.ly/h5q7bl

Mythical Monkey said...

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. And once again, the prize is our respect and gratitude.

Which along with $4 will get you a grande latte at Starbucks.

By the way, I made the link to your review of The Love Parade clickable. I encourage my fellow film enthusiasts to check it out. It's very good.

In fact, I added "The Criterion Cast" to my blog roll on the right hand side of the page. Looks like a site worth following.

Mythical Monkey said...

And, of course, I already follow your blog Criterion Reflections.

David Blakeslee said...

Thank you MM! I appreciate the endorsement, and just returned the blog rolling favor. I'm usually not so sharp with Oscar trivia but this question was right in my wheelhouse. :)