Saturday, March 4, 2017

March Madness Has Begun! Vote Now!

The polls have opened in the 2017 Favorite Classic Movie Actress Tournament. I'll be hosting the 1930s and 1950s brackets, the tournament's founder, Monty, will be hosting the 1940s and 60s here.

We're starting a day early because, well, it's March 5th somewhere.

This year there will be 64 contestants. (Past winners — Irene Dunne, Ginger Rogers, Carole Lombard, Bette Davis, Natalie Wood, Greer Garson and Doris Day — have been retired from competition.)

Half of the first round matches start today and run til Wednesday, the other half will start after that and run until next Saturday.

1930s (The Irene Bullock Division)





1950s (The Kathy Selden Division)




10 comments:

mister muleboy said...

Am I right that as of this writing, the candidate on the left leads in each of the races?

You lefty!

mister muleboy said...

typo - left out a comma

Mythical Monkey said...

I think Deborah Kerr might be the only righty who's in the lead.

It's all coincidence. I didn't seed the actresses this year, just wrote them down as they occurred to me. That was Monty's idea, a way to shake things up a bit.

In the round that starts Wednesday, I see maybe four right-side actresses who I think will probably win.

mister muleboy said...

I found choosing between Janet Leigh and Deborah Kerr like choosing between tooth removal and pink eye

Mythical Monkey said...

Your best bet for Deborah Kerr might be The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp but maybe not -- she's was forever playing a nun or someone so starchy and good, sometimes it's focus on the fact that she was a redhead!

Mythical Monkey said...

Make that "hard to focus" ...

Mythical Monkey said...

By the way, did you notice I finally abandoned the Harold Lloyd avatar and went with the photo you took outside Chipotle after lunch last year while we were waiting for Bellotto to finish whatever business he was finishing?

I figured at this point absolutely nobody would notice.

mister muleboy said...

but that's just yer typical Mule



[every other involved at least a considered look. . . .]



D. Rigg, Paula Prentiss, and the Mule were castaways on a deserted isle: hubba hubba!

mister muleboy said...

The portrait of you shows up in a book of Mule Portraits currently being pressed and bound


I did not notice, but only because I am oblivious to most everything around me

mister muleboy said...

PPPSSS


I *do* get Kerr, in that From Here to Eternity shows a hot-to-trot mama [non-mama] who is entirely believable.

But she doesn't hit the ol' core, as it were. . . .