Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ginger Rogers To Represent The 1930s In The Final Four

The outcome had been preordained for a couple of days, but it's official now—Ginger Rogers will represent the Silent Era/1930s bracket in the Final Four of Monty's Favorite Classic Movie Actress Tournament. The vote totals:

Ginger Rogers - 141
Carole Lombard - 94

To Carole's loyal fans, my condolences. To Ginger's ardent supporters, congratulations! And thanks to everyone who stopped by to cast a vote over the last month. I don't know whether you enjoyed it, but I had a blast. Now I need a bit of a rest.

Final Four voting will start on Tuesday (I think) over at Monty's All Good Things blog. For the second year in a row, Grace Kelly won the 1950s bracket, while Natalie Wood claimed the 1960s. Voting will continue until Monday evening in the 1940s bracket (Desiree was on the road with her family and got a late start). Judy Garland currently holds a 58-46 lead over Bette Davis.

The winner of the 1940s bracket will face Natalie Wood. Ginger Rogers squares off against Grace Kelly.

I'll prompt you again when the Final Four voting begins.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

Wow. Weird.

Mythical Monkey said...

Well, they're not the four actresses I would pick if I were starting from scratch, but they're good ones.

Of course, I'm a silent film man myself -- my final four might be Greta Garbo, Mary Pickford, Clara Bow and Louise Brooks. A bit lopsided, historically speaking.

Shabbychicdiva said...

YAY GINGER!! I hope she wins it ALL!!!

Mythical Monkey said...

YAY GINGER!! I hope she wins it ALL!!!

If Ginger's fan base turns out for the Final Four like it did in the earlier rounds, Grace Kelly will never know what hit her!