Sunday, July 7, 2019

1992 Alternate Oscars








My choices are noted with a ★. Historical Oscar winners are noted with a ✔.

I promised myself I would never do this — a do-over, in this case, the supporting actress category in 1987. Really, not only should I have recognized Mary Stuart Masterson for her iconic performance in John Hughes's Some Kind of Wonderful, she should have won.

My only excuse is that I pre-blogged the entire 1980s in the week before my surgery back in April and I made a few mistakes. Some I caught before they went live; this one I missed. But if I don't change it, the cancer wins. And I'll be damned if I'll let the Big C win ...

4 comments:

mister muleboy said...

I took great care to look only at the collage of two-sheets you composed; I wanted to vote for "best picture" from my [overly ample] gut, and not think at all. Even piecing together letters might have gotten my mind involved.


Well, I may have merely voted for fave poster, but I think not.

My mild revulsion has not abated; these movies don't work for me. But some have bugged me from the jump, and seeing the two-sheets reminded me of those I so dislike.


Do you see this watch?

My best to you, Betty

Mythical Monkey said...

Just between you and me, my favorite movies of 1992 are Enchanted April, Porco Rosso and Sneakers, just as I think Clint Eastwood's best movie is The Outlaw Josey Wales. But history has spoken, so I went with Unforgiven.

mister muleboy said...

Sneakers was like showing up at a county fair expecting the local high school jazz band to recreate "In The Mood," and seeing the Miles Davis Quintet at their peak.

mister muleboy said...

Sure, they Mileas and the boys were playing "In The Mood," but MAN were they playing. . . .