Saturday, November 26, 2022

Alternate Oscars: 2003 (Re-Do)

So Elf is playing for 24 consecutive hours on TBS today which pretty much makes it the most successful Christmas movie since A Christmas Story and puts it on a list with such classics as It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street (1947) as an indispensable holiday movie. Thus the complete re-think.

And if you haven't voted in my Best Actress of 1953 poll, click here. (There's also the alternate Oscars for 2016 here and a bunch of best supporting actor polls here.)

My choices are noted with a ★. Historical Oscar winners are noted with a ✔. Best animated feature winners are noted with an @.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay. I’ll confess. I went to Elf. Sentimental and stupid is probably perfect. It just takes a while to let it settle. Like pecan pie.

Anonymous said...

Me again. I’ve never had pecan pie, and never will. I’ve just . . . seen it.

Not my thing.

But Elf is

Anonymous said...

Me again. Yer pal.

Mythical Monkey said...

I actually baked a pecan pie for Thanksgiving. It was tasty -- maybe my best ever!

I'm baking another for Christmas -- I'll set aside a slice for you. With vanilla ice cream on top!