Tuesday, September 12, 2023

1959 Alternate Oscars

To be honest with you, Rio Bravo is my favorite movie of 1959. But I think Some Like It Hot (a movie I love, understand) has a bigger place in the history of movies. So I voted for the latter. If you care ...








My choices are noted with a ★. A tie is indicated with a ✪. Historical Oscar winners are noted with a ✔. Best foreign-language picture winners are noted with an ƒ. A historical winner who won in a different category is noted with a ✱.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know so little about movies, rscpecisllt movies that came out when I was 10 and had probably never seen a movie, that I just voted for north by northwest in all categories because I saw the movie recently. Aldo I have ways had the hits for Cary Grant, although it appears he was apparently difficult to live with.

Anonymous said...

Cary Grant wins anytime for anything.