Sunday, September 8, 2024

2004 Alternate Oscars

I don't know who, if anyone, will agree with me, but I think Lindsay Lohan's work in the (superior) remakes of The Parent Trap and Freaky Friday, along with the classic Tina Fey comedy Mean Girls (celebrating its twentieth anniversary this year), is proof enough that she was a major talent, at least for a little while.

That Lohan was later undone by her manipulative parents, our vicious, celebrity-obsessed culture and her own inner demons doesn't make it any less so.

As someone once said, "The candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long" ... or maybe we just like to break pretty girls on the rack from time to time.

We here at the Monkey wish her well.








My choices are noted with a ★. A tie is indicated with a ✪. Historical Oscar winners are noted with a ✔. Best foreign-language picture winners are noted with an ƒ. A historical winner who won in a different category is noted with a ✱.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can’t believe it but I actually had seen two of the movies (spotless and millions dollar) that I thought were fabulous! So there was a reason I actually used to vote on the pics.

Anonymous said...

Rebecca not aninymous