Friday, August 10, 2012

Sally Ann Howes: A Show Of Hands

Katie-Bar-The-Door happened to mention that Sally Ann Howes will be one of the featured guests on the Turner Classic Movies cruise in January. She was one of my faves back in the day and is a Katie-Bar-The-Door Award nominee for her performance as Truly Scrumptious in the 1968 musical comedy, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

We almost certainly won't be on the 2013 TCM Classic Cruise (not unless TCM plans to include the Mythical Monkey as one of their featured guests). Still, it would be nice to meet her, don't you think?

A show of hands: how many of you remember Sally Ann Howes in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

5 comments:

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

yes! and Camelot with Richard Harris and Vanessa Redgrave! They came a lot to camelot! And Dick Nixon's first campaign v. JFK! Yes, I was but knee high to a married grasshopper then, but I remember it, I remember it all! And THAT means ... oh dear ... that means ...

But!

On the plus side I'm still Alive! Alive, I say!

Mythical Monkey said...

You know, Who, I've long suspected I was conceived during the first Nixon-Kennedy debate, but fortunately that's information that can no longer be confirmed or denied, even if I were the kind of person who would ask, which I'm not.

Latest Hot News said...

This is very interesting news.

Uncle Tom said...

well my mental image of the Nixon/Kennedy debate just took a sudden and disturbing turn for the worse

I will admit though I love Sally Ann Howes in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Given the reference to political debates and conception, I'm now thinking "Me Old Bamboo" wasn't a song about a stick

Mythical Monkey said...

And you always wondered why I start screaming whenever I see a picture of Richard Nixon ...