Monday, January 18, 2010

The First Who Am Us Missed It By That Much Award

Well, Who Am Us admits to being crushed (crushed, I tells ya) that I got "this close" to giving him a coveted kreativ blogger award, only to snatch it from his fingers and hand it to a bunch of dead people instead. He suggests we create a new award, the "Missed It By That Much Award," with a little gold statue of Maxwell Smart as the prize.

Well, I don't have a gold statue handy—perhaps this photo of a paperback novel I found on the internet will work just as well. So here's to you, Who Am Us Anyway, KC at Classic Movies, Mister Muleboy at The Mouth O' The Mule, Plain Chicken, Clicks and Pops, Thingy at Pondering Life and Avalon 76 at Silent Stanzas (is that seven?) and everybody else who deserves a kreativ blogger award and just missed (is that seven billion?) who are the first recipients of the Missed It By That Much Award.

Congratulations!

There are no rules, requirements or responsibilities that go with winning. Just sleep easier tonight, knowing that you are read, respected and not alone in the howling void.

P.S. Would you like to add a name to the Missed It By That Much honor roll? Just leave a comment with a web address and then let 'em know how much we love them here at the Monkey.

7 comments:

Maggie said...

Oh my gosh, thanks.

If I may, I'd like to repeat Greer Garson's acceptance speech and...hmm? what..no,no,wait,wait....

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

Thanks a lot Myth and actually I would like to nominate another great music blog: Pleasant Valley Sunday, owned and operated by Mr. Pleasant, who as you might imagine is a Kinks expert, a fountain of PowerPop knowledge and insight, & a fine writer to boot (always wanted to say "to boot.")

Congratulations, Mister Pleasant: Your Missed It By That Much Award is now on its way to you by scenic rail!

Mythical Monkey said...

Not only does Pleasant Valley Sunday get a Missed It By That Much award, I also added a link to the site over in the "Music" category.

This could be a pivotal moment for Mr. Pleasant.

Maggie said...

I forgot to give a shout-out. I'm choosing this young man because he just started out and in my opinion is one heck of a swell writer.
misterpokeylope.blogspot.com

He is self-deprecating, smart, and funny.

If you want to relive your college days, or just see a good writer in progress, I encourage you to take a peek.

Mythical Monkey said...

Well, let's give him a link, too! Check him out in the Life and Philosophy section under his blog's name, "With insomnia as an unwanted companion."

Mythical Monkey said...

It looks like today's winner of the Missed It By That Much Award is ... Martha Coakley.

Mister Pleasant said...

Sacheen Little Feather will be accepting my award for me. (I do not intend to poke fun - I respect Brando for his political statement).

Thanks Mythical Monkey - and especially Who Am Us Anyway for the kind words. Those blogs listed are a fine gaggle with which to be associated.