Saturday, January 16, 2010

We Interrupt This Blog ...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. You're waiting for Part Two of my scintillating essay about Scarface. Well, you're not getting that right now. It's April 8, 1932 in the Monkey's world and working under the stage name "Cary Grant," young Archie Leach has just made his film debut in This Is The Night. It's a romantic comedy starring Lili Damita, Charlie Ruggles and Roland Young. Young, as you probably recall, is up for a Katie Award this year.

Here's a brief clip:



Also, I've been combing through my list of bookmarks and favorites, trying to consolidate them onto my blog so both you and I can find them. One that I've been toting around for years but which KC at "Classic Movies" only just recently reminded me of, is "The Ultimate Cary Grant Pages," just about everything you ever wanted to know about Cary Grant collected into one spot. I'd call it indispensable if you're a fan.

Here's a good example of the obscure goodies you'll find over there:



As always, click on the images to enlarge them. Personally, I'd print them out on 125-lb card stock (readily available from Staples or any decent office supply store; or if you happen to be visiting my office, in a box under my desk) and have at it with a sharp pair of scissors.

What you do then is entirely up to you. Pervert.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Humina humina humina.

Now, where did I leave my scissors?

Mythical Monkey said...

Cary requests that you be careful with the scissors, especially when you turn the vital corner around his midsection ...

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

i note they've got him standing with that laid back left-leg cross thing going on in every cut-out except the work-a-daddy in Penny Serenade who's just dropped his briefcase to pick up the baby! (Actually might have been cool if he had kept the cross leg stance even as he held the bambino.)

KC said...

He definitely could have kept that stance while holding the baby. I've done that loads of times. They sure did make Cary chesty eh?

Lupner said...

What a great link! Wouldn't ya know that even his signature was a work of art . . . Excuse me now while I download the 2010 Calendar (With Photos Suitable for Framing).